At HERAF we believe that people are our most important asset and endeavor to provide a rewarding and enriching working experience
Communication Assistant Officer
Health Rights Advocacy Forum (HERAF) is a national non-governmental organization that promotes human rights based approach in health care delivery by promoting availability, access and utilisation of quality health care services at community and health facility levels.
Purpose of the Position
The position will be responsible for supporting strategies that increase HERAF visibility to diverse local, national and global audiences, expanding digital information sharing capacity, and strengthening internal and external communication systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Information and Communication
- Liaise with project leads in the documentation of project activities, milestones and successes in the form of human-interest stories, case studies, video and photo stories for internal and external dissemination.
- Developing and designing project’s targeting Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials including online e-newsletters, fliers, briefs and fact sheets among others.
- Expand digital dissemination outlets for information sharing such as websites, webinars, social media, videos, data visualizations, info-graphics, emails list serves, etc.
- Maintaining the organization’s website and social media platforms.
- Regularly monitor website and social media metrics and analyze monthly utilization.
- Backstop the HERAF blog by soliciting creative posts from staff and guest bloggers, as well as editing and promoting content.
- Continuously generate new digital media content in form of share graphics, short videos, info graphics, photo stories, Tweets, Facebook posts, website content links, YouTube, etc.
- Design and execute HERAF’s participation in specific global health event days in social conversations to amplify HERAF’s mission and vision.
- Support in maintaining a collection of photos, graphics, icons, infographics, video clips to use in various digital content.
Learning and reporting
- Backstopping HERAF’s media relations and conference participation.
- Support in managing events; branding, registration, live social media engagement and photography.
- Supporting compilation of activity and annual technical reports.
- Support to resource mobilization.
- Assist to monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of an organisation.
- Provide technical support to the other members of staff on ICT.
- Bachelor’s degree including in Anthropology, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Law, Communication, Development, International Relations, or a related field.
- Background in communications, media relations, and/or knowledge management is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of human rights in health including mental health, primary healthcare, community health and related fields is desirable.
- One to two years of experience working as a communications professional for a non-profit, for-profit; or related professional experience.
- Use of social media dashboards/management tools.
- Familiarity with donor funded health programmes.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and present technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Strong writing and editing skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Sensitivity to gender, disability, cultural differences among others.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including ability to juggle multiple tasks and respond rapidly to new events and competing priorities.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and comfortable working in a small, collaborative team environment.
Submission of applications
Interested candidates should submit their letter of application and curriculum vitae with three (3) referees to email@example.com by May 30, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. HERAF is an equal opportunity employer.